What Supplements Are Best for the Keto Diet?
When it comes to the wildly popular high-fat, very-low-carb keto diet, your metabolism is forced to switch from relying on carbs for fuel to instead leaning heavily on fat. In other words, keto shifts the body from being an inefficient carb-burner to an efficient, fat- and ketone-burning machine. Researchers refer to this as “flipping the metabolic switch.”
The body (through a process called “ketogenesis”) creates this “alternate” energy source (from fat) called ketones, which fuel the brain, heart, muscles, and other tissues of the body. This is key because it highlights the fact that there’s a clear link between levels of blood glucose and ketones. In other words, as blood glucose goes down, the body gets into a deeper state of ketosis (higher levels of ketones).
This ramped up process of ketogenesis is how keto gets its name, and what’s nifty about ketones is that they themselves may have a variety of benefits, such as reducing appetite and cravings, boosting energy levels, enhancing cognitive function, clearing brain fog, supporting mitochondria health, and promoting healthy aging, to name a few.
Having said all that, when it comes to keto, improving glycemic control and reducing glycemic variability is the name of the game. After all, the many benefits of the keto diet seem to hinge on “flipping the metabolic switch” and shifting from a carb-burner into a fat- and ketone-burning machine. Along those lines, when it comes to choosing a keto supplement, there are a few things that stand out:
- If you’re just getting started, you want a keto diet supplement that may help you get into ketosis faster.
- If you’re strictly following a keto diet, you want a keto supplement that may help you get into deeper levels of ketosis—which is key to achieving cognitive clarity and appetite management benefits. And remember, there’s an inverse relationship between levels of blood glucose and ketones.
- If you have a cheat day/meal, you want a keto diet supplement that may help you get back into ketosis faster.
- If you are following a targeted (TKD) or cyclical keto diet (CKD), you want a keto supplement that supports metabolic flexibility and helps you get back into ketosis more quickly and deeply.
Now that you know what you should be looking for in a keto diet supplement, we are excited to introduce you to IC-5 Carb Management & Keto Supplement.
What Makes IC-5 an Effective Keto Supplement?
If you’re on the keto bandwagon, then you already know the beauty and benefits of keto hinge on “flipping the metabolic switch,” going from an inefficient carb-burner (and fat-storer) to an efficient, fat- and ketone-burning machine. That’s exactly what makes IC-5 an ideal keto diet supplement to supercharge your ketogenic lifestyle and boost your keto diet results.†
While most keto supplements focus on providing exogenous ketones, which can actually INHIBIT your body’s OWN production of endogenous ketones, the five evidence-based ingredients in IC-5 keto supplement work hand-in-hand with the ketogenic diet to help you get into ketosis FASTER and more DEEPLY. And when it comes to reaping the benefits of keto—like weight and appetite management, better energy levels, less brain fog, better mental performance, anti-aging, and more—that’s the name of the game.†
Here’s how IC-5 keto supplement may help supercharge a ketogenic lifestyle:
- Promotes improved glycemic control and reduced glycemic variability—crucial to getting the most out of keto.† Remember, there’s an inverse relationship between levels of blood glucose and ketones, and if you want more of the latter, you need less of the former.
- Promotes a deeper level of ketosis, helping you tap into the real “ketone magic” benefits like improved mental performance.†
- Helps you keto-adapt faster by accelerating how quickly and deeply you get into ketosis when following a keto diet.†
- Helps you process carbs when you do eat them—like a cheat meal, high-carb day (CKD), or TKD—helping you get back into ketosis faster.†
- Enhances nutrient partitioning and metabolic flexibility, helping you quickly and efficiently metabolize carbs and shift back into ketosis faster.†
- Contains an all-star lineup of antioxidants to help protect against oxidative stress and support healthy mitochondria function.†
- Helps protect against Advanced Glycation End-Products (AGEs), which accelerate aging and are thought to contribute to mitochondrial dysfunction.†
- Provides POWERFUL longevity and healthy aging support through a number of mechanisms, including activation of the key anti-aging enzyme AMPK.†
- Promotes appetite and craving management by boosting levels of key satiety hormones, such as adiponectin and supporting glycemic control.†
In other words, here’s how IC-5 keto diet supplement may help:
- When starting the ketogenic lifestyle, the key ingredients in the IC-5 keto supplement may help you get into ketosis FASTER.†
- When you’re strictly following a keto diet, IC-5 keto supplement may help you get into DEEPER levels of ketosis—key to achieving cognitive clarity and appetite management.†
- Whether you had a cheat day/meal or are following a TKD or CKD, IC-5 keto supplement may again help you get BACK into ketosis FASTER.†
- No matter what stage of the keto game you’re in, IC-5 keto supplement may help you get the most out of keto by supporting metabolic flexibility, helping improve glycemic control and reduce glycemic variability, promoting appetite and craving management, and supporting mitochondrial function and healthy aging.†
Simply put, we believe IC-5 is a must-have keto supplement to make sure you get the most out of your keto lifestyle and all the benefits keto can potentially offer, and we’re confident you’ll agree this is hands down one of the best, most effective keto supplements you’ll ever try.
IC-5 Nutrition & Ingredients
IC-5 is a unique blend of 5 research-backed ingredients shown to support healthy carb management, improved glycemic control, and reduced glycemic variability.† In addition to being a keto diet supplement, the ingredients in IC-5 help provide antioxidant protection, support healthy aging, support gut health, and support mitochondria health and function.†
Here are five key ingredients in IC-5:
- Berberine—Berberine is highly regarded for its ability to support healthy carb management, improve glycemic control, and reduce glycemic variability. One way Berberine flexes its carb management muscle is by activating an enzyme called AMPK, which also stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis (which is science-speak for increasing the size and number of mitochondria, the “power plants” or “energy factories” of your cells).†
- Cinnamon bark extract—Research shows that cinnamon is highly effective when it comes to supporting healthy carb management, improving glycemic control, and reducing glycemic variability. What’s more, cinnamon polyphenols also offer antioxidant protection and prebiotic-like properties.†
- Zychrome® (chromium)—Chromium is an essential mineral that aids in healthy metabolism of carbohydrates. Zychrome is a unique form of chromium that has been shown to support a healthy insulin response.†
- Benfotiamine—A powerful derivative of thiamine (vitamin B1), benfotiamine helps reduce the formation of advanced glycation end-products (AGEs), which are glycotoxins that accelerate cellular aging, contribute to mitochondrial dysfunction, and can impair carb metabolism, glycemic control, and glycemic variability.†
- Naringin—Naringin is a citrus flavonoid, which is a type of polyphenol with antioxidant properties and prebiotic-like effects. Naringin may help increase the body’s absorption of Berberine, and it can also help promote healthy insulin sensitivity and increase the production of adiponectin (an important metabolism-regulating hormone).†